Picking up the required
Picking up the required digital products
You might wonder what the term 'required digital products' means. The digital products you need are subscriptions on your ISIC Mobility card. These subscriptions do not cost you anything.
We call these products 'required' digital products with good reason. When you receive your card, there are no products on it yet. If you do not pick these products up, you won't be able to travel or even get into most stations.
The 'picking up' part refers to the process of loading these products onto your card. You have to physically place your card against a chip reader to upload the digital products onto the card.
Once you have registered your card in our app and made a verification payment, we automatically prepare the products for you. We only need you to follow the two steps below to start travelling.
Step 1. A little patience. We have to get the subscriptions ready for you. This means that our systems have to go through a few processes. This takes some time. After 4 hours you will be able to continue to step 2.
Step 2. Pick up the digital products! There are two different ways to pick up these digital products. This can be done by either visiting an NS ticket machine, or an OV-chipkaart service point. Click here to find the location closest to you. And make sure to always bring your ISIC Mobility card when you pick up these products.
When visiting an NS ticket machine
1. Place your Mobility card against the ticket machine
2. Change the language to English
3. Choose to retrieve or pick up your products
4. The machine will show two products to be picked up
5. Choose agree, the machine will prepare them
6. A little patience
7. The machine will request you to place the card against it once more.
8. Your products have been loaded onto your card!
When visiting an OV-chipkaart service point
1. Place your card in the machine
2. Choose 'Collect purchase order'
3. Wait for the system to check available products:
- Automatisch opladen "TLS"
- Activeer Trein Zakelijk 2e klas
4. Once the screen shows 'Retrieval of products has completed' you are ready to travel.